Historical Bluffton

Here's the Bluffton College men's tennis team in 1942. From left Richard Berky, Jason Tripplehorn, Otto Elmer, H.W. Berky (coach), Darvin Luginbuhl, John Boehr, Robert Simcox and Dale Good.

The squad played the following opponents two times each: Wilberforce, Ohio Northern, Findlay and Bowling Green.

Here's the Bluffton High School track team (no team for girls) during the 1969- 1970 school year. Names of the members are under the photo.

Here's the story...

This article comes from the Ada Historical Society and was originally posted on the Ada Icon.

Prior to WWI, a person strolling Ada’s streets of a summer’s eve would likely have heard the sound of piano music issuing from parlors along the way. Some may have come from player or mechanical pianos and some from pianists.

Helping to maintain this melodious flow was David O. Betz, one of Ada leading citizens and director of the Northwestern Ohio School of Piano Tuning.

Members of the Bluffton High School National Honor Society in 1958-59 school year. Bottom, left to right, row by row top to bottom:

David Little, Joenita Shetler
Michael Diller, Sandra Diller
Judy Frankhauser, Betty Stratton
Ruth Frankhauser
Keith Baker, Larry Smucker

Here are Bluffton High School Future Teachers of America (FTA) members during the 1963-64 school year.

Front row from left, Joseph Cremean, advisor; Larry Grant, Jim Emmert, Linda Reichenbach, Janette Benroth, Rex Reichenbach.

Second row from left, Sally Emmert, Jim Augsburger.

Third row from left, Linds Crawfis, Kay Motter, Katie Meyers, Miriam Augsburger, Anita Augsburger.

Top row from left, Kathy Osborne, Margo Reichenbach, Jean Purves, Ruth Henry, Diane Conrad.

Decades before John Wagner became Bluffton's Nationwide agent, a radio and television retail and repair store was located at 105 N. Main Street. It was Beach Radio Television, owned by Oliver Beach.

To help date the photo is a 1950 or 1951 Dodge parking in front of the doorway.

To the left of you can read the "EWS" of "The Bluffton News" located at 103 N. Main St. at the time. To the right (today it's Family Eye Care) was Hankish's Confectionary.

Pages